Reliable News Sources
Weekly World News
• Where else can you read about Osama and Saddam's gay marriage or drunken aliens?
• Satire, served up hot and fresh
• Everything you know is wrong, so you'd better start re-learning!
• And you thought Apple was the only innovative industrial designer
MacSurfer Headline News
• OK, I admit I'm a Mac Geek. This is how I stay on the bleeding edge.
• What can I say? It's a fetish...
• Graphic design and project management
• A talented Flash programmer
• a wonderful neo-pagan-pre-apolalyptic-raver-hippy-freak-fest (with fire)
• leaders in the culture jamming movement
• the pope of nope! founder of the Church of Stop Shopping.
Culture Jam: Hijacking Commercial Culture, the film
• a great film by a Vancouver-based film-maker
Tell Canadian Stories
• Friends of Canadian Broadcasting there are some hilarious TV spots here.
Billboard Liberation Front
• Pioneers of altering the commercial messages you're innundated with
• An amazing singer/songwriter she's going places, get in on the ground floor.
• Amazing audio-collage artists with a message
• Audio Art created from samples it will blow your mind
MIESKUORO HUUTAJAT (Men's Choir Shouters)
"was formed in 1987 in Oulu, Finland, by a group of young men who clearly had nothing better to do." The choir currently consists of about 30 people in black suits, white shirts and black rubber ties who shout some of the most beloved tunes in the traditional Finnish songbook. Their version of The Star-Spangled Banner sounds like Aki Kaurismäki directing a choir of Marines. Truly odd.
• Best snow in the eastern Rockies, sliding from November through May!
• Word power rocks, save sounding stupid for those times you really mean it.